Pan-Roasted Scallops with Roasted Sweet Potatoes
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp butter
• whole nutmeg
• 6 tbsps apple cider
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 tbsps olive oil, divided
• 6 tbsps heavy whipping cream
• 1 1/2 pounds sea scallops, side muscles removed
• 2 red-skinned sweet potatoes, unpeeled, halved lengthwise, each half cut into 4 to 5 wedges
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place potatoes on large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle 2 tablespoons oil over; sprinkle with salt. Lightly grate fresh nutmeg over and toss to coat.
- Roast potato wedges 10 minutes. Turn wedges. Continue roasting until wedges are tender, about 8 minutes longer. Increase heat to 450°F and roast until potatoes are browned in spots, about 10 minutes longer.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle scallops with salt and pepper. Working in 2 batches, cook scallops until browned and just opaque in center, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer scallops to plate; tent with foil to keep warm. Add cider, cream, and lemon juice to skillet; simmer until reduced to 1/2 cup, scraping up browned bits, about 2 minutes. Whisk in butter. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Stir in any juices from scallops.
- Divide scallops among plates. Drizzle sauce over. Divide sweet potatoes among plates and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to bon appetit at https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/pan-roasted-scallops-with-roasted-sweet-potatoes