Pasta With Broccoli And Sausage
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 large eggs
• 3/4 tsp pepper
• 1 garlic clove, minced
• 3/4 cup whipping cream
• 2 tbsps butter or margarine
• 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
• 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
• 1 pound fresh broccoli, cut into flowerets
• 1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated fettuccine
• 1 pound reduced-fat smoked sausages, sliced
- Cook broccoli and fettuccine in boiling water to cover in a Dutch oven 4 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender; drain. Rinse with cold water; drain. Place in a large bowl.
- Melt butter in a large heavy skillet; add mushrooms and garlic, and saute 3 minutes or until tender. Add to fettuccine mixture.
- Brown sausage in skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, 5 minutes; drain and add to fettuccine mixture. Wipe skillet clean with a paper towel.
- Stir together eggs, whipping cream, and pepper in skillet until blended. Add fettuccine mixture; toss well. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, 3 to 5 minutes or until thickened. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, and toss. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to myrecipes Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/pasta-with-broccoli-sausage