• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/2 cup water
• 1 onion, sliced
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1/2 cup passata
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 2 tsps brown sugar
• 1 small chilli, chopped
• 2 clove garlic, crushed
• shaved parmesan, to serve
• 400 gram can cherry tomatoes
• 375 gram packet fresh tagliatelle
• 1/2 cup basil leaves, plus extra to serve
• 750 gram green prawns, peeled, tail intact, deveined
- Heat half oil in a large frying pan on high. Add prawns and cook, 2-3 minutes, until they change colour. Remove from pan.
- Heat remaining oil in same pan on high. Sauté onion, garlic and chilli, 1-2 minutes, until onion is tender. Stir in tomatoes, passata, water, wine and sugar. Season to taste. Reduce heat to low, simmer, 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water, 3-5 minutes, until al dente. Return to pan. Toss sauce and prawns through pasta over a low heat, 1-2 minutes. Serve topped with extra basil leaves and parmesan.
This great family recipe is thanks to Women's-Weekly-Food Recipes at https://www.womensweeklyfood.com.au/recipes/prawn-tomato-and-basil-pasta-19181