This leg of lamb is marinated overnight with fresh rosemary, garlic, mustard, honey and lemon zest. Be prepared for many requests for seconds!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 1 hour & 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 10
• 1/4 cup honey
• 1 tsp lemon zest
• 1 tsp coarse sea salt
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 5 pounds whole leg of lamb
• 2 tbsps chopped fresh rosemary
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 2 tbsps prepared Dijon style mustard
- In a small bowl, combine the honey, mustard, rosemary, ground black pepper, lemon zest and garlic. Mix well and apply to the lamb. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Place lamb on a rack in a roasting pan and sprinkle with salt to taste.
- Bake at 450 degrees F (230 degrees C) for 20 minutes, then reduce heat to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and roast for 55 to 60 more minutes for medium rare. The internal temperature should be at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C) when taken with a meat thermometer. Let the roast rest for about 10 minutes before carving.
This great family recipe is thanks to All Recipes at https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/18870/roast-leg-of-lamb-with-rosemary/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly