Roasted Sausages, Peppers, and Onions
A perfectly simple, flavorful meal using in-season produce, one pan, and is done in about 30 minutes.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 3 whole onions
• 3 tbsps olive oil
• 3 whole potatoes (Optional)
• 4 whole sweet red, yellow or range peppers
• 1 1/2 pound Italian link-style sausages (about 6)
• 1 tbsp choice of seasoning: spice rub or salt, pepper and herb mix
- Heat oven to 450 degrees.
- Cut onions and peppers in even-sized chunks.
- Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with seasoning. Mix well and spread on a large baking pan lined with a silicone liner or parchment.
- Place uncooked sausages among the vegetables (if using pre-cooked sausages, add during last 15 minutes of cooking).
- Roast for 30 minutes or until sausages are completely done and vegetables are browned.
NOTE: You can add potatoes to this, if you’d like. Just make sure the chunks are small enough to cook in the 30-minute timeframe and add them to the vegetables before drizzling with olive oil.
This great family recipe is thanks to Tasty Kitchen at https://tastykitchen.com/recipes/main-courses/roasted-sausages-peppers-and-onions/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly