Roasted Sausages with Beer-braised Onions
• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp salad oil
• salt and pepper
• 1 tsp fresh thyme leaves
• 2 tbsps chopped parsley
• 8 sausages (1 1/2 to 2 lb.)
• 1 cup stout or dark beer (such as Guinness)
• 3 onions (1 1/2 lb.), peeled and slivered lengthwise
- In a 10- to 12-inch ovenproof frying pan over high heat, frequently stir onions in oil until somewhat limp and beginning to brown, about 4 minutes. Stir in stout and thyme; cook until liquid is reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Prick sausages all over with the tip of a sharp knife and arrange in a single layer on onion mixture.
- Bake in a 375° regular or convection oven until sausages are heated through (cut to test), about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to My Recipes at https://www.myrecipes.com/recipe/roasted-sausages-with-beer-braised-onions