Rosemary Roast Chicken Thighs, new Potatoes, Asparagus & Garlic
An all-in-one lighter roast with Jersey Royals and a whole bulb of garlic - the potatoes catch the lemony cooking juices
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 lemon, halved
• 8 chicken thighs
• 750g new potato, halved
• small handful rosemary sprigs
• 1 whole garlic bulbs, cloves separated
• 2 large bunches asparagus, woody ends discarded
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Put the potatoes, asparagus, garlic cloves, oil and lots of seasoning in a large roasting dish (about 30 x 20cm). Squeeze over all the juice from the lemon halves, then cut them into chunks and add them to the dish. Toss everything together, cover the dish with foil, and roast for about 15 mins.
- Remove the foil and mix through the rosemary. Season the chicken thighs and arrange evenly in the dish.
- Roast for another 25-30 mins until the potatoes are tender, and the chicken is crisp and cooked through. Serve the dish in the middle of the table for everyone to share.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/rosemary-roast-chicken-thighs-new-potatoes-asparagus-garlic