Sausage and Heirloom Tomato Salad
This recipe gives heirloom tomato salad a delicious Mexican bent, with hearts of palm, cilantro and lime juice.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 8
• 3 tbsps fresh lime juice
• 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1/3 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
• 5 x 4-ounce calabrese or fresh chorizo sausages
• 1 1/2 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into chunks
• 1 x 15-ounce can hearts of palm, drained and sliced
- Light a grill or preheat a grill pan. Grill the sausages over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until lightly charred and an instant-read thermometer inserted in each sausage registers 165°, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a carving board; let rest for 5 minutes, then slice 1/2 inch thick.
- In a large bowl, toss the sausages with the remaining ingredients. Season with salt; serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to FOOD & WINE at https://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/sausage-and-heirloom-tomato-salad