Warm yourself up on a chilly night with this comforting one-pot, and avoid the washing-up too!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 8 pork sausages
• 200ml beef stock
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 1 carrot, roughly chopped
• 400g can chopped tomatoes
• 2 leeks, trimmed and thinly sliced
• 1 tbsp chopped sage, plus a little extra
• 2 x 400g cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
• 2 slices day-old white or brown bread, whizzed into breadcrumbs
- Heat the oil in a large ovenproof pan, add the sausages and brown for few mins. Remove from the pan. Add the leeks and carrot and gently soften for 10 mins.
- Mix the breadcrumbs with a little sage. Heat grill to medium. Add 1 tbsp sage and the garlic to the pan. Cook for 1 min, then add the stock and tomatoes. Tuck in the sausages. Simmer for 10 mins until the sauce has reduced a little and the sausages are cooked. Season, stir in the beans, then simmer for 2 mins more. To serve, scatter the sage crumbs over the top and grill for 5 mins until golden.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-bean-one-pot