Sausage, Roasted Veg & Puy Lentil One-pot
This one-pot wonder delivers three of your five-a-day and makes a fuss-free dinner solution on a busy day. With sausages, lentils and veg, it's filling too!
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 8 sausages
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• 1 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 x 250g pouches puy lentils
• 3 garlic cloves, bashed in their skins
• 1 1/2 tbsp sherry or red wine vinegar
• 1 small pack parsley, roughly chopped
• 2 x 400g packs ready-to-roast vegetables
- Heat grill to high. Put the sausages in a large roasting tin and grill for 8-10 mins until browning, then switch the oven on to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Remove the tin from the oven and add the vegetables and garlic, then drizzle over the oil and toss in the paprika and some seasoning.
- Roast for 30-35 mins more until the sausages and veg are mostly tender, then stir through the lentils and vinegar. Return to the oven for 5 mins until everything is heated through. Squeeze the garlic cloves out of their skins and stir the garlic into the lentils, then season to taste, stir through the parsley and serve.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/sausage-roasted-veg-puy-lentil-one-pot