Put mushroom soup to clever use in this Scandinavian-style beef meatball dish with dill sauce
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 12 beef meatballs
• 1 onion, finely chopped
• 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
• 294g can condensed mushroom soup
• ½ x small pack dill, roughly chopped
• 2 tsp mustard - French, wholegrain, or whatever you have in your cupboard
• mashed potato and cooked cabbage, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large lidded pan. Cook the meatballs for 3-4 mins over a medium heat, turning often so that they brown all over. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain away any excess oil, reserving about 1 tbsp.
- Add the onion and garlic to the pan and cook for 4-5 mins, stirring to soften. Stir in the soup with half a can of water. Return the meatballs to the pan and bring to the boil. Turn down the heat, cover and simmer for a further 10-15 mins until the meatballs are cooked through. Stir in the dill, mustard and some seasoning. Serve with mashed potato and cabbage.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Goodfood Recipes at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/scandi-meatballs