Zoodles – also known as zucchini noodles are the latest (and yummiest) way to meet those delicious noodle cravings without the guilt of eating all those carbs. Zoodles are not only healthy, they look amazing and are so fresh.
With this recipe, we love the refreshing flavours of mint and tomatoes mixed with just the right hint of hazelnuts. The feta cheese complements perfectly with the Huon Salmon, creating a light and crisp taste. The vivid colours of this dish make it almost too pretty to eat, but don’t be shy to indulge in the invigorating flavour.
Enjoy this quick and refreshing salmon zucchini salad on a beautifully warm evening.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 tbsp butter
• 4 tbsps olive oil
• juice of 1 lemon
• 1 cup mint leaves
• 80g Danish feta cheese
• 4 Huon salmon portions, skin-on
• 1 punnet cherry tomatoes, halved
• 1/4 cup toasted hazelnuts, lightly chopped
• 4 small zucchinis, cut into noodles (about four cups)
- In a large bowl combine zucchini noodles, tomatoes, mint, hazelnuts and feta cheese. Toss with 1 teaspoon of lemon juice and 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season to taste.
- Season the salmon fillets with a pinch of salt. Heat the remaining oil and butter in a non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Once the butter starts bubbling, add the salmon, skin-side-down, and fry for 4 minutes until crisp. Flip the salmon over, reduce heat and cook for 2 minutes more.
- Remove from heat then pour over the remaining lemon juice. Transfer the salmon to a serving plate and baste with any of the buttery juices left in the pan.
- Serve with the zucchini noodles on the side.
This great family recipe is thanks to Huon Aqua at https://www.huonaqua.com.au/recipes/seared-huon-salmon-with-zucchini-noodles-zoodles-mint-and-hazelnuts/