Slow cooker Thai spicy peanut chicken
Like many busy moms, I love shortcuts! I love to try different ways to streamline meal preparation, especially when I can do it without sacrificing quality or taste.
For this recipe, if you have the time, by all means you should slice up some fresh bell peppers and onion. Make this tasty and flavorful Thai-style dish right in your crockpot. So easy and delicious!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 6 hours
• Yield: Serves 8
• ⅔ cup chunky peanut butter
• ½ cup chicken broth
• ¼ cup soy sauce
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 2 tablespoons Sriracha sauce
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 1 (16 ounce) package of frozen bell peppers and onion (like the kind by Bird's Eye)
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
• ½ cup chopped cilantro (for garnish)
• handful of chopped peanuts (for garnish)
- In a medium bowl, combine the peanut butter, chicken broth, soy sauce, honey, Sriracha sauce, and lime juice. Set aside.
- Empty contents of package of frozen peppers/onion into the slow cooker.
- Place the chicken on top of the peppers/onion.
- Pour the peanut butter mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cook on low for 6 hours.
- Just before serving, shred the chicken with two forks.
- Garnish with chopped peanuts and cilantro (optional).
This great family recipe is thanks to Yummly at https://www.yummly.com/recipe/Slow-Cooker-Thai-Spicy-Peanut-Chicken-1032092?prm-v1