Check out this easy fish stew recipe with juicy butterflied prawns and sweet red peppers. This vibrant dish is low in calories and ready in 30 minutes.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• olive oil for frying
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• lemon wedges to serve
• 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
• 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
• 300g new potatoes, quartered
• a handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 180g raw peeled king prawns, butterflies
• 500ml chicken stock (check it's gluten free)
- Cook the onion in a splash of olive oil for 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add the pepper and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until starting to soften, then stir in the paprika and cook for a minute. Finally, add the stock and tomato purée, and bring to a simmer. Add the potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Stir in the prawns and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until pink.
- Serve in bowls scattered with parsley and some lemon wedges to squeeze over.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/smoky-prawn-pepper-and-new-potato-stew/