Smoky Prawn, Pepper and New Potato Stew
Check out this easy fish stew recipe with juicy butterflied prawns and sweet red peppers. This vibrant dish is low in calories and ready in 30 minutes.
• Prep time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• olive oil for frying
• 1 onion, chopped
• 1 tbsp tomato purée
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• lemon wedges to serve
• 1 tsp hot smoked paprika
• 1 red pepper, cut into chunks
• 300g new potatoes, quartered
• a handful flat-leaf parsley, chopped
• 180g raw peeled king prawns, butterflies
• 500ml chicken stock (check it's gluten free)
- Cook the onion in a splash of olive oil for 7-8 minutes or until softened. Add the pepper and garlic, and cook for 3-4 minutes or until starting to soften, then stir in the paprika and cook for a minute. Finally, add the stock and tomato purée, and bring to a simmer. Add the potatoes and cook for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Stir in the prawns and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until pink.
- Serve in bowls scattered with parsley and some lemon wedges to squeeze over.
This great family recipe is thanks to Olive Magazine at https://www.olivemagazine.com/recipes/fish-and-seafood/smoky-prawn-pepper-and-new-potato-stew/