Spiced Lamb Rack with Cheesy Corn Cobs
Lamb rack rubbed with olive oil, Mexican chilli powder and fresh oregano leaves roasted and served with corn cobs with a parmesan and chilli topping and sweet potato wedges.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 4 corn cobs
• 3 tbsps extra virgin olive oil
• 600g sweet potato, cut into wedges
• 4 tbsps finely grated parmesan cheese
• 1 tbsp Mexican chilli powder, plus extra
• 1 tbsp oregano leaves, plus extra to serve
• 2 x 4 - 5 point lamb racks, French trimmed
- Preheat oven to 200 fan forced.
- Place lamb on a baking tray, brush with 1 tablespoon oil and sprinkle with chilli powder and rub in. Scatter oregano leaves over lamb and season with salt and pepper. Allow to come up to room temperature. Roast lamb for 20 minutes for medium-medium rare. Rest for 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place sweet potato wedges in a bowl with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to coat. Place on a baking tray and roast for 30-40 minutes until crisp and golden.
- Preheat a char grill over high heat and cook corn cobs on all sides until cooked with some grill marks. Lightly brush with oil, sprinkle with a little chilli powder and a generous grating of parmesan.
- Serve well rested lamb, sliced into individual cutlets with corn, sweet potato wedges and extra oregano leaves.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Lamb Recipes at https://www.australianlamb.com.au/recipes/spiced-lamb-rack-with-cheesy-corn-cobs/#