This Spicy Korean Chicken Wings is just so crazy yummy baked with sweet and savory Korean red pepper sauce. Finger lickin' good!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 45 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps water
• 2 tbsps sugar
• 1 tsp sesame oil
• 2 tbsps soy sauce
• ground black pepper
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• white sesame for garnishing
• 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• chopped scallions for garnishing
• 1/2 tsp Korean chili powder, Gochugaru
• 3 tbsps Korean red chili pepper paste, Gochujang
• 2-3 lbs (1 - 1.3 kg) chicken wings, wingettes and drumettes only
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (232°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a large bowl, season the wings with salt and pepper. Transfer the wings, skin side up, on the baking sheets and roast them for about 40 - 45 minutes, until they are cooked through and crisp.
- In a small sauce pan, add the remaining ingredients except white sesame and scallions. Heat on low heat, whisk to mix well. Turn off the heat when it becomes saucy.
- Toss the baked chicken wings with the sauce, coat well. Garnish with the sesame and scallions. Serve immediately.
This great family recipe is thanks to RASA MALAYSIA at https://rasamalaysia.com/spicy-korean-chicken-wings/