Squid ink pasta adds a gourmet touch to this vibrant calamari pasta.
• Prep time: 5 minutes
• Cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 400g squid pasta
• 2 eschalots, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup (60ml) white wine
• 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 500g vine-ripened cherry tomatoes
• 2 tbsps olive oil, plus extra to drizzle
• Basil leaves and lemon wedges, to serve
• 500g cleaned squid tubes, sliced into 1cm rings
• 1/2 cup (125ml) Ardmona Rich & Thick Classic Tomatoes
- Cook the pasta in a saucepan of boiling salted water according to the packet instructions. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup (60ml) cooking water. Toss pasta with a little oil to loosen.
- Heat 1 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Season the squid rings, then cook for 2 minutes or until light golden. Remove from pan.
- Return pan to medium heat and add remaining 1 tbs oil. Add the eschalot and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until softened. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant, then add wine and cook for a further 1 minute or until slightly reduced.
- Add passata and cherry tomatoes, then cook for 5 minutes or until tomatoes start to collapse. Season, then return calamari to the pan with the reserved water and cook for 2-3 minutes or until warmed through.
- Divide pasta and sauce among bowls, and serve with basil and lemon wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to delicious Recipes at https://www.delicious.com.au/recipes/squid-ink-pasta-calamari/23160508-87de-4716-b7a0-d9537846ffb8?