• Prep and cook time: 10 minutes
• Yield: Serves 2
• 1/4 cup water
• 2 tsps olive oil
• 1/2 cup white wine
• 1 tsp unsalted butter
• 2 dozen little neck clams
• 3 cloves garlic, cut in large chunks
• 2 tbsp fresh herbs such as basil or parsley
- Heat a large pot on high heat.
- Add oil.
- When hot, add garlic and cook until golden.
- Add butter, wine, water and clams and cover tightly, reduce to medium-low heat.
- Cook 5 to 10 minutes, or until the shells open.
- Do not overcook or the clams will become rubbery.
- Transfer clams with a slotted spoon to a large bowl and pour the liquid through a strainer over the clams.
- Top with fresh herbs and enjoy with a good crusty bread.
This great family recipe is thanks to Skinny Taste at https://www.skinnytaste.com/steamed-clams-with-fresh-basil/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly