Sweet and Sour Meatballs are a favorite from way back when I was young! We have served these easy cocktail meatballs at every party and gathering for as long as I can remember! Tender juicy meatballs simmered in a quick two ingredient sweet and sour sauce made with grape jelly. These will be the first thing gone and nobody will ever believe what is in them!
Easy Cocktail Meatballs are a delicious appetizer that can be cooked on the stove top or in the slow cooker. Ketchup and Grape Jelly makes the best ever sauce!
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 18 minutes
• Yield: Serves 48
• 2 eggs
• 1 tsp pepper
• 2 lb lean ground beef
• 2 lbs frozen meatballs
• 1/2 cup bread crumbs
• 1/2 small onion, very finely diced
• 3/4 cup grape jelly
• 1 1/2 cups ketchup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together all meatball ingredients just until combined. Form into 1" meatballs. Bake for 18-20 minutes (or bake frozen meatballs according to package directions).
- Combine sauce ingredients in a small saucepan over medium-low heat. Stir until preserves/jelly melts. Allow to come to a boil for 1 minute. Toss with meatballs and allow to simmer on low 10-15 minutes.
* Other Sauce Options for Meatballs:
• 10 oz apricot preserves & 2/3 cup barbecue sauce
• 14 oz jellied cranberry sauce & 12 oz chili sauce
This great family recipe is thanks to Spend-With-Pennies Recipes at https://www.spendwithpennies.com/amazing-cocktail-meatballs-these-are-always-a-hit/