Sweet Brown Sugar BBQ Meatballs
Sticky glazed meatballs that are sweet, savory and just a little spicy.
• Prep and cook time: 30 minutes
• Yield: Serves 30
For the meatballs:
• 1 egg
• salt and pepper
• 1 pound ground beef
• 2 cloves garlic, grated
• 1/2 pound ground pork
• 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
• 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style panko bread crumbs
For the sauce:
• chives for garnish
• 1/2 cup BBQ sauce
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 2 tbsps chile flake (or to taste)
- Mix all of the meatball ingredients together and form your meatballs.
- Heat a large frying pan with a little oil and gently, one by one, add in the meatballs. After they cook for about 4 minutes, flip the meatballs and cook an additional 4 minutes. Once they're cooked on the outside, they should be a little less delicate. Making sure none are stuck to the bottom, start tossing them in the pan a little more to cook them evenly. Drain most of the fat, leaving a few tablespoons worth in the pan.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water to deglaze the pan, scraping up any stuck on pieces. Add the brown sugar, adding a little more water if it looks too dry. It should start to bubble and look like dark caramel.
- Remove from heat and add in the BBQ sauce. Stir well. Serve and top with the chives.
This great family recipe is thanks to Betty Crocker Recipes at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/sweet-brown-sugar-bbq-meatballs/5e524a11-47b4-42cb-ad39-eb426947f342