This quick vegetarian main is perfect for weeknights - grill skewers of paneer cheese and veg, then serve with a fruity avocado salsa.
• Prep time: 15 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4 (makes 4 large or 8 small skewers)
• 3 tbsps tandoori paste
• 150g pot natural yogurt
• small pack mint, chopped
• 1 mango, cut into small dice
• 1 avocado, cut into small dice
• 1 red pepper, cut into 3cm pieces
• 4 limes, 3 juiced, 1 cut into wedges
• 2 small red onions, cut into 1cm slices
• 2 x 225g blocks paneer, cut into 3cm pieces
• 2 x 250g pouches cooked basmati rice, to serve (Optional)
- Heat grill to high. Mix the yogurt in a medium bowl with the tandoori paste, 1 tbsp lime juice and some seasoning. Add the paneer and gently stir in to coat. Thread the paneer onto metal skewers alternating with pepper and onion, then place on a baking tray lined with foil. Grill the skewers for 10 mins, turning halfway through, until the paneer is hot and the veg is softened and slightly charred.
- Meanwhile, make the salsa by mixing the mango, avocado, mint and remaining lime juice. Heat the rice following pack instructions, if using, and serve with the skewers, salsa and lime wedges.
This great family recipe is thanks to BBC Good Food at https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/tandoori-paneer-skewers-mango-salsa