Thai Coconut Red Curry with Prawns
Thai coconut red Curry with prawns is easy, quick, and full of flavour! On your table in less than 25 minutes, dinner has never been so easy!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 12-15 prawns, deveined
• 1 tbsp dried lemongrass
• 1-2 tbsps Thai fish sauce
• 2 tbsps thai red curry paste
• 1-2 cups snap peas (or green beans)
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 can of coconut milk (can use regular or lite)
• 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat sesame oil in pan over medium heat and cook prawns for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan or wok on medium heat. Add the red curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in coconut milk, lemongrass and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, snap peas (or green beans), and bell peppers.
- Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes until prawns are cooked.
- Take the wok off heat and add the fish sauce, lime juice and basil leaves. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with cooked rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to Ahead-Of-Thyme Recipes at https://www.aheadofthyme.com/2015/12/thai-coconut-red-curry-with-prawns/