Thai coconut red Curry with prawns is easy, quick, and full of flavour! On your table in less than 25 minutes, dinner has never been so easy!
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 3-4
• 1 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 tbsp brown sugar
• 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves
• 12-15 prawns, deveined
• 1 tbsp dried lemongrass
• 1-2 tbsps Thai fish sauce
• 2 tbsps thai red curry paste
• 1-2 cups snap peas (or green beans)
• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
• 1 can of coconut milk (can use regular or lite)
• 1 tsp cornstarch dissolved in 2 tablespoons cold water
- Heat sesame oil in pan over medium heat and cook prawns for about 2-3 minutes. Set aside.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large pan or wok on medium heat. Add the red curry paste and cook for 30 seconds.
- Stir in coconut milk, lemongrass and brown sugar. Stir to combine. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cornstarch mixture and continue to cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the prawns, snap peas (or green beans), and bell peppers.
- Cook uncovered for 4-5 minutes until prawns are cooked.
- Take the wok off heat and add the fish sauce, lime juice and basil leaves. Let it rest for 5 minutes and serve with cooked rice.
This great family recipe is thanks to Ahead-Of-Thyme Recipes at https://www.aheadofthyme.com/2015/12/thai-coconut-red-curry-with-prawns/