• Prep and cook time: 25 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1/4 tsp pepper
• thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
• 1 packet (about 10 ounces) carrots
• 1 cup frozen peas (about 4 ounces)
• 2 cartons reduced-sodium chicken broth
• 1 packet (about 9 ounces) refrigerated cheese tortellini
Method: In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add carrots, tortellini, peas and pepper; return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, 7-9 minutes or until pasta is tender. Top servings with basil.
* Freeze option: Freeze cooled soup in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw in refrigerator overnight. Heat through in a saucepan, stirring occasionally.
This great family recipe is thanks to Taste of Home at https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/tortellini-primavera-soup/