Like lemon pasta? Add this vegetarian lemon pine nut capellini recipe to your repertoire of quick and easy pasta dishes that you can turn to on a busy night when you want to fill up but just don't feel like cooking. If you don't have fresh broccoli on hand, raid your freezer and toss in some thawed frozen veggies, whatever you have on hand.
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• salt to taste
• pepper to taste
• 1/2 lemon, zest
• 1/2 pound pasta
• 2 tbsps pine nuts
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
• 3 tbsps good quality olive oil
• 1 cup broccoli, chopped small and lightly steamed
- Gather the ingredients.
- Prepare pasta according to package instructions. Drain well.
- Steam or microwave broccoli just until tender. Set aside.
- Saute garlic in olive oil for just a minute or two. Remove from heat, then whisk in the lemon juice and lemon zest.
- In a large bowl, combine the pasta, broccoli, olive oil, lemon and garlic and pine nuts, gently tossing to combine. Season generously with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Enjoy your quick and easy vegetarian and vegan lemon pasta!
This great family recipe is thanks to The Spruce Eats at https://www.thespruceeats.com/lemon-pasta-pine-nuts-and-broccoli-3377277