Portuguese Seafood Stew
This is a recipe I will be making again and again. Simple and delicious. You can pretty much use whatever shellfish you like, mussels, lobster, crab, even fish if you like. Serve this with some good crusty bread to sop up the juice!
• Prep and cook time: 20 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 1 bay leaf
• 1 lb scallops
• 1/4 cup water
• 1 tomato, diced
• 1/2 onion, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic, minced
• 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• salt and fresh pepper to taste
• 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
• 1.75 oz 1 link chorizo sausage, sliced
• 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
• 3/4 cup dry white wine, 1 used Pinot Grigio
• 3 dozen little neck clams, scrubbed and clean
- In a large heavy pot, saute garlic and onion in olive oil over medium flame for about 2 minutes.
- Add chorizo, tomatoes, wine, bay leaf, 1/4 cup parsley, salt and pepper and simmer 5 minutes.
- Add the clams, mix well and cover.
- Cook about 5 minutes or until all the clams open.
- Add shrimp and scallops and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until seafood is completely cooked.
- Ladle into bowls and top with a little fresh parsley.
This great family recipe is thanks to Skinny Taste at https://www.skinnytaste.com/portuguese-seafood-stew/?utm_campaign=yummly&utm_medium=yummly&utm_source=yummly