Warm Beef Sausage and Pasta Salad
• Prep time: 10 minutes
• Cook time: 15 minutes
• Yield: Serves 4
• 2 tbsps olive oil
• basil leaves, to serve
• 6 pieces of sausages
• 60g baby rocket leaves
• 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
• 300g dried farfalle paste
• 200g baby tomato medley, quartered
• 150g cherry bocconcini, drained, torn
• 2 medium zucchini, shredded or grated
- Lightly spray a large non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat and cook sausages, turning regularly, for 10-12 minutes, or until cooked through. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil. Slice sausages.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to packet instructions. Drain.
- In a large bowl combine warm pasta, sausages, tomatoes, zucchini, bocconcini, baby rocket, oil and vinegar. Season and toss to coat. Serve sprinkled with basil.
• Beef meatballs or sliced steak of your choice would also work well in this recipe.
• Use feta or ricotta instead of bocconcini, mint instead of basil, penne instead of farfalle.
• This salad is delicious cold the next day in a lunchbox.
This great family recipe is thanks to Australian Beef at https://www.australianbeef.com.au/recipes/warm-beef-sausage-and-pasta--salad/